There are so many rewarding ways to share your time helping animals. If you have volunteered in the past, and would like to become an active volunteer again, or know a friend or family member who wants to help, please let them know that we are in need of volunteers to spend a little time each week helping Second Chance Companions.
We most frequently need volunteers in the following areas:
- Adoption Counseling (responding to calls and/or e-mail inquiries from people wanting to place or adopt pets, or wanting general information)
- Provide a foster home for a pet in need
- Assist with planning or staffing fundraising and/or special events such as information booths and community events
- Work at the Petsmart Adoption Center (clean cat cages, talk to potential adopters)
- Bag and/or deliver food for the Animeals program
If there is another area you have interest/experience in that is not listed, please get in touch with us and we’ll see what we can do!
Please fill out a volunteer application or call (360) 687-4569 if you are interested in volunteering.
Youth Have HEART
Do you have or know a kid in the Portland/Vancouver area who loves animals? Second Chance Companions has launched a youth volunteer program we call HEART (Helping Each Animal’s Rescue Team)! Members help with regular and special events, fund-raising and simple projects. They learn responsibility, animal care, communication skills, and an important way to give back to our community. If you know of a kid who is interested, have them complete a HEART volunteer application today! Please contact Karen at 360-904-2207 if you have any questions about the program.