Although we do not run an independent shelter, we maintain a list of many pets in private homes just waiting to have a family of their own. If you are interested in adopting, and committed to providing a loving home for the duration of a pet’s lifetime, we have many who would love to be your new companion.
Important adoption tips:
- SCC is not a first-come, first-served organization, as we are looking for the best possible homes for the pets we have listed. Thus, we are not in a rush to put them into a new home ASAP and would rather take the time to find the best homes.
- We do our best to respond in a timely manner, but since we have a limited number of adoption counselors and receive many applications every day, this is not instantaneous (currently, it can take a few days before your application is processed).
- If you are interested in finding a pet for your family, it is very important to fill out the adoption application completely. We have been unable to contact a number of prospective families due to common errors such as missing/incorrect phone numbers and email addresses.
- Look through the available pets listed. If you find one or more pets that may be of interest to you, please make a note of their names. Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, we can only accept applications for pets that are currently available.
- It is important to write down the name of the counselor who responds to your application, since we do not have a central location. Counselors are assigned to specific applications, so if you know who you are working with, it will make answering your questions or inquiries much quicker, as we will know where to forward them.
- SCC cannot be held liable for any pre-existing conditions or misrepresentations unknown to them.
Minimum adoption fees:
Kittens (6 months and younger): $125
Teenagers (6 months to 1 yr): $100
Cats over 1 yr: $75
Senior (10 yrs or older) or Lifelong Medical Issues: $50
Senior to Senior adoption: $35
Purebred (with papers): $150 and up
Puppies (6 months and younger): $250+
Dogs over 6 months: $200+
Senior (determined by breed) or Lifelong Medical Issues: $60+
Purebred (with papers): $250+